Guys… I finished The Mind Readers. Review should come out this weekend depending on how much I can get done til then. I have started reading Cronic and that should be my next book review.
Also, fellow blogger The Oddity Writer reminded me that My Immortal exists. I’ve reread it, and it made me think that maybe it would be fun to a chapter by chapter review of it. If you can call it review. It’ll end up being more more like a repost with commentary. A chapter (or two if they’re short ones) every couple of days. I plan on doing this with My Immortal and this other fic I was told is considered by some to be actually worse than My Immortal. Apparently it’s supposed to be a ‘Christianized’ version of Harry Potter. Yeah. I haven’t read it yet, but I’m confident it’s gonna suck. I doubt the ‘grammer’ could be worse.though.
Still on the topic of fan fics. I came across this piece of work… Inspired by the game Doom (which you may recall I had been playing lately) and… It’s too epic for a review, but thankfully it’s short so I’ll post it here for your enjoyment.
John Stalvern waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were demons in the base. He didn’t see them, but had expected them now for years. His warnings to Cernel Joson were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
John was a space marine for fourteen years. When he was young he watched the spaceships and he said to dad “I want to be on the ships daddy.”
Dad said “No! You will BE KILL BY DEMONS”
There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the space station base of the UAC he knew there were demons.
“This is Joson” the radio crackered. “You must fight the demons!”
So John gotted his palsma rifle and blew up the wall.
“HE GOING TO KILL US” said the demons
“I will shoot at him” said the cyberdemon and he fired the rocket missiles. John plasmaed at him and tried to blew him up. But then the ceiling fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.
“No! I must kill the demons” he shouted
The radio said “No, John. You are the demons”
And then John was a zombie.
Yeah, that’s all of it. Poor zombified John, he was kill by demons, just like daddy predicted he would. 😛
And now for the challenge. I have found…. A Terrible Crossover Fanfiction Idea Generator. Yep. So I’ve decided to pick five randomly chosen prompts and drop them here for those of you brave or insane enough to give them a try. Let’s see what we can find, huh?
1) Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining The Wire and Phantom of the Opera. The story should use starting a band as a plot device!
I have personally never watched the wire, but I hear it’s a popular thing. 😛
2) Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining the Princess Bride and The Simpsons. The story should use a malevolent artificial intelligence as a plot device!
Please someone do this one. lol
3) Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Avatar: The Last Airbender and ER. The story should use a comet about to hit Earth as a plot device!
4) Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combiningSuperman and The Walking Dead. The story should use aliens as a plot device!
Well, technically Superman is an alien, but let’s assume the plot device would be other aliens.
5) Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining South Park and Thundercats. The story should use furries as a plot device!
I regret nothing. >.>
If you want to write some horrible fan fic and those five prompts don’t strike your fancy, you can check the generator for your self here.
If you accept the challenge, link to this post so I can read it, yes? Don’t keep the awesome all to yourself!