1) What is your full name and its origins? What about any nicknames?
My full name is Jacob Allen Turner. Jacob was my grandfather’s name and Allen was my uncles’s name on my mother’s side. They both died when she was considerably young, but according to my sister our mother considered them the greatest men to have ever lived. No pressure, right?
I have a few nicknames. Jakey; although I don’t like a lot of people to call me that, Pretty Boy, Luckas likes to call me ‘Jakey Bear’ or some variation of it in order to annoy me. I think currently it’s been shortened to J.B.
2) Have you any claims to fame?
I honestly couldn’t care less for fame. Although I am sort of famous amongst the Wolfpack for killing their Alpha. Not something I’m particularly proud of.
3) How would you introduce yourself? If you are famous in your world, how would you introduce yourself to someone who had never heard of you?
“Hi, I’m Jake.” *shrugs*
4) Which of your culture’s achievements do you hold in highest regard?
That’s a strange questioning to make in Valcrest, I feel.
5) As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
6) What was your most prized possession as a child? Do you still have it?
Drake. My plush dragon. Uhm… Kaya has it now.
7) What would you change about yourself, if you could?
I’m sure someone’s got a list somewhere. *snickers* I guess, personally, I’d like to be a little less… Impulsive… In certain situations.
8) What are you obsessed with?
Not redheads. That’s a silly rumor. =_=
I’m not sure I have any actual obsessions.
9) What is your greatest achievement so far, or the high point of your career?
I don’t think of what I do as a career, but… I guess the high point ought to be… Oh, wait, I probably shouldn’t talk about that. >.>
10) When/where were you happiest?
I am happiest with Crys. Any time, any place.
11) And the lowest point in your life thus far?
I don’t want to talk about that.
12) What was the best decision you ever made?
Coming back to the Guard.
13) If you have any body modifications, which was most painful, or which do you regret the most? If you haven’t got any, do you have any planned, or would you ever consider getting any?
I have scars, do those count? If they do I don’t quite remember any being particularly painful. If not, then I suppose I don’t have any. If Essy wants to give me a tattoo, I’d very much like that though.
14) What is the most idiotic thing you have ever done while intoxicated?
I broke my hand punching an empty suit of armor. Apparently it insulted me.
15) What is your favorite joke?
Oh, I know one… A knight and his men return to their castle after a long hard day of fighting. “How are we faring?” asks the king.
“Sire,” replies the knight, “I have been robbing and pillaging on your behalf all day, burning the towns of your enemies in the west.”
“What?!” the king shouts. “I don’t have any enemies to the west!”
“Oh,” says the knight. “Well, you do now.”
I know, it’s lame, but I think it’s pretty funny. *chuckles*
16) What is the coolest/most impressive thing you own?
Probably my sword.
17) When did you last cry, and why?
On my birthday. I… Miss my sister, okay? >.>
18) What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever had?
If you can’t deal with the past then you have no chance for a future. I am… Working on that.
19) Similarly, what’s the nicest thing anyone’s ever done for you?
I think the nicest thing some people have done for me has been simply existing in my life.
20) Have you any vices?
Not that I’m aware of.
21) Do you regret anything?
*snickers* I could tell you, but we haven’t got all day.
22) What is the best invention ever?
Matches. They’re just very handy.
23) How would you describe your relationship with your family?
The best thing ever for the most part.
24) Who is your biggest inspiration?
Jess. I honestly wish I could see the world the way she did.
25) What are you going to do when you’ve finished this interview?
Probably drills. We’ve been doing plenty of that lately.